| ... more
[The posting below is by Jan Markell of Olive Tree Ministries.]
If you've read these items over the last two years, you know I have issues with today's church. I thank God for the e-mails I get that say the writer's church is holding to truth; however, they are in the vast minority.
The topic that seems to be too "controversial" to deal with today is Israel. It divides. It causes confusion. It is a political issue, not a spiritual issue (what Bible are they reading?) The church has replaced Israel (Replacement Theology). So let me ask you some of the following questions:
When was the last time you heard your pastor, other church leaders, Sunday School teachers, or small group leaders—and friends and family....
- Emphasize the need to "pray for the peace of Jerusalem" (Psalm 122).
- Emphasize a sermon or teaching on Israel's important role today as well as prophetically.
- Speak of the importance of the Jewish roots of Christianity.
- Tell you how much Gentiles owe the Jewish people who gave us the prophets, the Bible, salvation, and the Messiah.
- Tell you that "Palestine" is fictitious as are "Palestinians." Almost without exception they are Jordanians, Syrians, Egyptians, etc. The "Palestine" cause came along in the 1960s via Yassar Arafat, an Egyptian.
- Remind you of the importance of America standing by Israel and that we could be cursed or blessed by these actions (Gen. 12:3).
- Remind you that not one single Arab or Muslim nation wants peace with Israel. They only want her destroyed.
- Remind you that every "peace process" has failed and future ones will as well because the Bible/God is not in favor of dividing the land (Joel 3).
- Hear the true statement that "If the Arabs would put down their weapons there would be peace. If Israel puts down her weapons, she will be nearly destroyed."
- Give you a message about the raging rise in anti-Semitism. There are shades of 1938 going on in Europe.
- Inform you that your church believes Israel has been replaced by the church. She has no biblical relevance today.
- Give a message of the foolishness of a "Palestinian State."
- Emphasize that the re-birth of Israel in 1948 may have been the miracle of the 20th century.
I could go on but I hope you get my point. Sure, these things are a part of the end-time scenario and are a part of the prophesied, "These things must happen." A lot of nasty things "must happen" but does that mean we don't stand against them and speak the truth? So you sound the message!