Is it just me or does it seem like the whole world has fallen apart for George W. Bush since August 15, 2005? What happened on that date? That was the date the Israeli government forceable removed Jews from land that G-d had given them over 3,500 years ago and, if that wasn't enough, they gave that land to their enemies.
Why would that concern U.S. President Bush? Well, contrary to what many people may want to think, it was Bush and his administration that pushed the Sharon government to abandon Gaza. Sure, there may have been others in the Israeli government that wanted it done, and Sharon is also to blame. But, as the events unfolded it became quite clear that the Bush administration was the driving force behind the whole despicable act.
G-d told Abraham thousands of years ago "And I will bless those who bless you, and the one who curses you I will curse..." (Genesis 12:3). Since that time we can see that it has happened to all those who came against Israel. Now, it has become clear that G-d is judging the U.S. for their recent actions. (I believe that the judgment started long before this, however, now it involves G-d's land.) Let's take a look at what has transpired since August 15, 2005 with regards to George W. Bush and the curses he has brought upon the United States.
- In August, Hurricane Katrina hit the United States. It was the first Category 5 hurricane of the 2005 Atlantic hurricane season, which began in June. The death toll was over 1,300 and the monetary damage is estimated to be well over $150 billion. The area involved in the hurricane's destruction — south Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, the Florida Panhandle, and most of eastern North America — covered an an area almost as large as the entire United Kingdom.
- In September, Hurricane Rita hit the United States as the strongest measured hurricane to ever have entered the Gulf of Mexico, and the fourth most intense hurricane ever in the Atlantic Basin. The death toll stands at six with an estimated monetary damage of over $8 billion. The area of destruction covered by the hurricane included Florida, Louisiana, Texas, Mississ
- In October, Hurricane Wilma hit the United States. It was the most intense hurricane ever recorded in the Atlantic basin and the tenth most intense globally. The death toll is at 25 with monetary damage in excess of $12 billion. That hurricane only covered Florida.
- The hurricanes, especially Katrina, exposed the severe poverty in the United States. In addition they also exposed massive health care system failures, government inadequacies, and leadership failures in all levels of goverment in a time that the people of the United States needed it most.
- The whole Harriet Miers fiasco has made Bush look like a fool.
- Even the Republican party has begun to distance itself from the Bush administration.
- The news media, who prior to August 15, 2005 seemed to be afraid of the Bush administration, has now turned on it like a rabid dog.
- The exposure of the plan to put a government agent's life in danger due to her husband taking a stand against the Bush administration. The result may be the ultimate downfall of the entire Bush administration.
- The death toll in the Iraq war has passed 2,000 U.S. lives, not counting the other countries, as well as the contractors that have been murdered.
- Bush's approval rating is lower than it has ever been in the six years he has been in office.
It seems to me G-d is serious about His people and about His land. He means what He says!