Views & Commentary
These commentaries cover different aspects relating to Israel, the Jewish people and the Middle East. Many are written by leading experts and commentators, as well as original articles.
- Summary: US Jewish leaders blew it recently when what was a rare opportunity to ask the US president face-to-face to release Jonathan Pollard, they didn't even consider the matter as being a priority. A Matter of Priority - The Jonathan Pollard Case
- Summary: Obama needs to wake up. The real enemy is not Netanyahu. The real enemy is Iran, Hizb'Allah, Hamas, Islamic Jihad, and Islamic State, and the establishment of a terrorist state in the midst of Israel. Obama Declares War on Israel
- Summary: It's no state secret that US President Barack Obama is not a huge fan of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. His distain for the Jewish leader is well-known throughout the world; he's never tried to hide it. But now that Israel is having new elections in March does it mean Obama could, either directly or indirectly, influence the elections in Israel in order to obtain a defeat for Netanyahu? Could Barak Obama Swing the Upcoming Israeli Election?
- Summary: "On November 18, four people were murdered in cold blood while they were praying, and another died trying to save them. The very next day, we went on the defensive. As we always have, as we always do, even in the midst of tragedy. The seven-day mourning period has barely started and we are already explaining why we have the audacity to want to survive." Enough is Enough!
- Summary: American Jews, like the German Jews prior to World War II, continue to deceive themselves. "I'm an American", they say. And they believe that is the way they are seen by the Gentiles and so, therefore, they do not see how the Gentiles in the United States are beginning to fear them. But it's the Gentiles who will quickly teach them they're a Jew. Rav Kahane: "So You Shoot the Messenger"
- Summary: There is something grotesque about people living thousands of miles away, in safety and comfort, loftily second-guessing and trying to micro-manage what the Israelis are doing in a matter of life and death. "Ceasefire" and "negotiations" are magic words to the international community. But in the long run they cost far more lives. Cease the Ceasefires
- Summary: The State of Israel's survival is in no way dependent on the United States or any other human agency. The incredible saga of the Jewish return to the Holy Land is, of course, preceded by the miraculous survival of that Jewish people through 1,900 years of persecution, wanderings, and Holocaust. How? Why, because they are, indeed, the Chosen People. They are, indeed, capable of suffering terribly but never being destroyed. They are, indeed, the people of God who, just as Divinely promised, have come home, never again to be exiled. That is the immutable fact of history, whether one cares to believe or not. Not by American bread does the Jewish state live but by the word of God. Israel Will Survive Without U.S. Aid
- Summary: US President Obama continually refuses to release Jonathan Pollard from prison (as have previous presidents since Ronald Reagan) despite the fact that many Israeli and US government leaders, including those from the FBI, CIA, NSA and Department of Justice, have called for his release. Contrary to statements spread by uninformed individuals, Pollard was never indicted for harming the United States, for compromising codes, agents, or war plans, nor was he ever charged with treason. Pollard was indicted on only one charge: one count of passing classified information to an ally, without intent to harm the United States, for which the usual sentence is only two to four years. A Letter to US Ambassador to Israel, Dan Shapiro, Regarding Jonathan Pollard
- Summary: Music from the Jewish culture allows historians and other researchers to discover Jewish history from a unique point of view. Jewish music provides insight into details not usually found in common historical artifacts. Many organizations, specifically created for the research and study of Jewish music, are providing a wealth of information not previously known in that field of study. Examining the Roots of Historical Jewish Music
- Summary: Irena Sendler was a Polish Gentile who rescued more than 2,500 Jewish children from the Warsaw ghetto. The Life in a Jar project celebrates her accomplishments in defeating Hitler's intended murder of these children. Remembering Irena Sendler
- Summary: Despite what Yasir Arafat said, and what Mahmoud Abbas and other members of the Palestinian National Council continue to allege, the PLO Charter still remains, to this day, unchanged. They believe they have fooled the world; however it only takes a bit of research to find out they haven't. The PLO Charter Amendment That Never Was
- Summary: Benzion Netanyahu, (father of the current Israeli prime minister) who recently died in Jerusalem at the age of 102, along with Irgun activist Peter Bergson (nephew of Mandatory Palestine Chief Rabbi Abraham Isaac Kook), and liberal US Rabbi Stephen S. Wise, drafted an article for inclusion in the United Nations Charter that could yet save the Jewish state. Benzion helped to write the fundamental principle of Zionism — the right of Jewish settlement throughout the Land of Israel — into the United Nations Charter. Benzion Netanyahu and the All Important UN Clause to Save the Jewish State?
- Summary: Rabbi Meir Kahane takes a long, hard look at what has happened to the Israeli nation -- a people that once understood and believed that it is the L-rd, G-d of Israel, who Alone decrees and decides and gives victory and salvation? What has happened, he asks, to that people that, today, has become so assimilated by foreign concepts and cultures that it lifts its eyes up to Washington thrice daily, looking for salvation? His solution? "Let us return to the most basic of things: Total, complete faith in the G-d of Israel." What Has Happened To Us?
- Summary: The mainstream media, politicians, and others, prefer to use the term "militant" instead of "terrorist," especially in the case of the Israeli-Arab conflict. Doing so fulfills many different agendas, in addition to furthering the user's cause. Whatever the case may be, the usage generally distorts the story and causes confusion for the reader, which many times is its exact intention. As with much post-1970s journalism, the longer news media use such language, the less they sound like journalists and the more they are heard as political partisans. Those Contradictory Militants
- Summary: There was a time when police officers told battered wives that they had to be more understanding of their husbands. Today they tell Americans to be more understanding of Muslims. They do work hard you know. And if they try to car bomb you sometimes, maybe it's because you don't please them anymore. Who Will Teach Tolerance to the Muslims?
- Summary: The Jewish exiles shall be ingathered only through faith. If they have it, if they truly believe in the existence of the Creator and Guider of history, the G‑d of Israel, they can bring the final redemption today. Far from fearing what the Gentile will do if they do such a thing, let the Jew tremble as he considers the anger of the Almighty if he does not. But There is a G‑d in Israel
- Summary: Terrorist leader Yasir Arafat used to have a method for getting his terrorist message across to "his people". He would tell the media, in English, what he felt the United States wanted to hear. But then, in Arabic, he would tell the Arab media that it was Israel's fault that the peace talks were failing, that they don't really want peace, and then he would call for more violence. And even though he has been dead for several years, Arafat's cohorts have continued this process. Their latest escapade is in connection with the current 'peace' talks. Israel's Partners for Peace: What They Say in English vs. What They Say in Arabic
- Summary: As the Palestinian Authority is about to launch direct talks with Israel in Washington, its Western-trained security forces are preparing to silence the voices of political opponents and critics. Many Arabs who had once tasted of Israel's democracy and free media were hoping that the Palestinian Authority would create a government similar to the one in Israel. The last thing they were yearning for was being governed by terrorist groups, one of which is backed and financed by the Western world. The Palestinian Authority: Silencing the Opposition
- Summary: Although the administration of US President Barak Obama has been putting immense pressure on Israel, and treating it quite rudely, it is not the first time the United States has turned on Israel. It has happened more than once before. And while many people consider US President Ronald Reagan to be a great friend of Israel, the facts prove otherwise. Given the "right" political setting, Reagan was not shy in lashing out at Israel. In this commentary, Rabbi Meir Kahane explains how Reagan used US Ambassador to Israel Thomas Pickering to pressure Israel into scrapping a major military fighter jet project in order to maintain US weapons supremacy and to keep Israel in its yoke. The Savior: Israeli Dependency on the Gentile
- Summary: It's a well-known fact that the US is at war with al-Qaida. And recently, US General David Petraeus revealed that Iran is providing aid to al-Qaida, which means that the US is at war with Iran also. But instead of doing something about it, the US seems to think that Israel building homes for Jews in Jerusalem is more of a national security threat. White House Ignores Iran's Help to al-Qaida in Its Passion over Jerusalem Apartments
- Training the Palestinian Security Forces for What?
- Does Israel Need America?
- Where is the Outrage?
- Is There an Urgency to Resolve the Palestinian-Israel Conflict?
- A Jewish Response to the Obama Cairo Speech
- Obituary: Franklin Littell, Holocaust Scholar
- Without God Israel is Lost
- The Eternal Flame of Hebron
- The Ultimatum!
- Dangerous Times for Israel
- Ramallah isn't Warsaw
- The U.S. and Hamas: A Sick Diplomatic Fantasy
- A Jerusalem Insight: Darkness and Light
- In Defense of Nadia
- Refined by Fire
- Israel Without a Pinchas
- We Fear Not
- Take Back the Temple Mount!
- George Bush, How Could You?
- Relief and Deliverance Will Come to the Jews of Gush Katif!
- From Bondage to Freedom
- The Enemy Within
- Where Are The Guards, Mr. Sharon?
- Sharon Evicts Observant Jews From Army
- Urgently Needed: An Officer With Moral Courage
- To Bush and Blair: We Don't Want Peace, We Want Our Homeland, Israel
- Why Condolences?
- Bush or Kerry? No Thanks, I'm Jewish
- Bnei Menashe Our Brethren
- Unsettling Thoughts on Occupation
- President Bush is No Friend of Israel
- Israel's Sacred Places
- The Hope
- With Friends Like These ...
- Black Day for the Jewish People
- Who Does Powell Think He's Kidding?
- The De-Judaizing of Israel
- Putting it in Perspective
- Israel's Right to the Land
- Agenda of Islam - A War Between Civilizations
- The Mythical Moderate Muslim
- Is Israel America's Banana Republic?
- The Ballad-Mongers of Jerusalem
- Why Jews Are Losing Their Birthright
- State Department Overstates Its Case Against Israel
- The Deception of the Beltway Shootings
- What Is the Appeal of Netanyahu?
- The Deception Around the "Jerusalem Bill"
The tragedy of the pro-'Palestinian' movement is its attachment to a single narrative: "Look at how wretched the lives of the 'Palestinian' people are," they tell us, "It is because of Israeli oppression." Because this narrative must be constantly reinforced, there is little room for real reporting about the failures of the 'Palestinian' leadership and the corruption and infighting that have caused the 'West Bank' [i.e., Judea & Samaria] and Gaza to languish.
The Arab leadership is attempting to portray the current Intifada as a kind of popular, spontaneous struggle that expresses the population's despair over the political situation. In reality, it is an Intifada supported and directed by the Arab leadership of the PA/PLO-Fatah and Hamas.
Rabbi Meir Kahane points out that, contrary to popular belief, the Temple Mount is in Arab hands, the cunning Arab foxes. And the words of Motta Gur ring hollowly — and it is the Jews who are to blame. They took a miracle and disdained it. They, who took holiness and profaned it. They who were given a Zion, a Jerusalem, Temple Mount — gave it over to the jackal-foxes.
Hamas explains general principles and objectives in 42-article document.
PA/PLO leader Abbas seems intentionally to ignore that he and his PA/PLO are responsible for the violence, as a result of their daily incitement against Israel. A recent poll found that approximately half of 'Palestinians' believe the "Intifada" should lead to the destruction of Israel.
What is really going on behind the scenes of the current terrorist attacks? It's actually a lot more than what is seen on a daily basis. Hamas is fighting to take control of the PA/PLO while Fatah is doing its best to stay in power and get Gaza back under its control.
US Jewish leaders blew it recently when what was a rare opportunity to ask the US president face-to-face to release Jonathan Pollard, they didn't even consider the matter as being a priority.
Obama needs to wake up. The real enemy is not Netanyahu. The real enemy is Iran, Hizb'Allah, Hamas, Islamic Jihad, and Islamic State, and the establishment of a terrorist state in the midst of Israel.
It's no state secret that US President Barack Obama is not a huge fan of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. His distain for the Jewish leader is well-known throughout the world; he's never tried to hide it. But now that Israel is having new elections in March does it mean Obama could, either directly or indirectly, influence the elections in Israel in order to obtain a defeat for Netanyahu?