1. Permanent Status negotiations:
2. Phase One and Phase Two of the Further Redeployments
The Israeli Side undertakes the following with regard to Phase One and Phase Two of the Further Redeployments:
3. Release of Prisoners
6. Gaza Sea Port
The two Sides have agreed on the following principles to facilitate and enable the construction works of the Gaza Sea Port. The principles shall not prejudice or preempt the outcome of negotiations on the Permanent Status:
7. Hebron Issues
9. The two Sides call upon the international donor community to enhance its commitment and financial support to the Palestinian economic development and the Israeli-Palestinian peace process.
10. Recognizing the necessity to create a positive environment for the negotiations, neither side shall initiate or take any step that will change the status of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip in accordance with the Interim Agreement.
11. Obligations pertaining to dates, which occur on holidays or Saturdays, shall be carried out on the first subsequent working day.
This memorandum will enter into force one week from the date of its signature.1
Made and signed in Sharm el-Sheikh, this fourth day of September 1999.
For the Government of the State of Israel
For the PLO
For the Arab Republic of Egypt
For the United States of America
For the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
1 It is understood that, for technical reasons, implementation of Article 2-a and the first stage mentioned in Article 3-c will be carried out within a week from the signing of this Memorandum.
You can help support Emet News Service by donating today. | Note: This is not tax-deductible