Analysis and Interpretation
These articles cover analysis and interpretation of events relating to Israel, the Jewish people and the Middle East. Many are written by leading experts and commentators, as well as original articles.
- Summary: Critics and enemies of Israel, including members of the UN and organs such as the International Court of Justice (ICJ) have come to use the Geneva Convention as a weapon against Israel, even when statements by authoritative analysts, scholars and drafters of the document contradict everything said by those who distort history for politically motivated reasons.Inappropriate Use of the Fourth Geneva Convention
- Summary: After keeping a low profile for a few years, the Aqsa Martyrs Brigades — part of PA/PLO leader Mahmoud Abbas's Fatah terrorist group, has resurfaced in Judea and Samaria. It's time for the US and EU, who fund and train the PA/PLO "security forces", to demand that Abbas rein in his Fatah-paid terrorists.Fatah's Armed Gangs Are Back
- Summary: It appears that the answer to how Israel should react to the General Assembly resolution to recognize a Palestinian state is to focus on the international arena rather than on practical steps on the ground.Israel's Response to UN Recognition of a Palestinian State
- Summary: Since Israel's exact capabilities are known only to a handful of senior government officials, it's impossible to predict exactly what an Israeli strike against Iran would look like. But based on past experience, one can confidently predict that it won't resemble the US blueprint. Israel is quite capable of dealing with situations with its limited resources and without provoking massive retaliation.Israeli Attack on Iran Won't Follow the American Script
- Summary: The deterioration in relations between Israel and Egypt should serve as a reminder to all that the new generation in the Arab world is not marching toward moderation, particularly when it comes to making peace with Israel or even recognizing its right to exist.Is the Peace Treaty Between Israel and Egypt Finished?
- Summary: When the media fails to make a distinction between Hamas's aggression and Israel's defense, it leaves out the essential element of the story that allows people to make sense of what's happening. What's left out of the coverage is the element of intentionality. More specifically, it glosses over the reality that Hamas's intention was to kill Israeli school children and Israel's intention, in firing back, was to defend its citizens.How Moral Equivalence Erodes Accurate Reporting
- Summary: The PA/PLO, according to several reports, will attempt to obtain statehood through use of what is known in the UN as a "Uniting for Peace" resolution. They have several options under this resolution. However, it is important to remember that the UN General Assembly can only adopt non-binding recommendations. The Assembly cannot determine boundaries nor can it confer statehood. A boundary between Israel and a future Palestinian state can only be determined by agreement between the two parties.UN General Assembly "Uniting for Palestine"
- Summary: Although they condemn Israel, Arabs prefer living in the Jewish state over residency in an Arab-controlled regime. Israeli Arabs also vehemently oppose any exchange of land between Israel and the Palestinian Authority, which would transform them into Arab subjects, denying them Israeli citizenship.Arabs Prefer Life in Israel
- Reconsidering the Goldstone Report on Israel and War Crimes
- Summary: When an armed force holds territory beyond its own national borders, the term "occupation" is usually used to describe its holding on the land. However, not all the factual situations that we commonly think of as "occupation" fall within the limited scope of the term "occupation" as defined in international law.Why Is Israel's Presence in the Territories Still Called "Occupation"?
- Summary: It seems that the Al Jazeera news network, not wanting to be left out of the 'WikiLeaks' sensation, has created its own "leak" from the Palestinian Authority (PA/PLO), which has allegedly been given, in it's own words, "unhindered access to the largest-ever leak of confidential documents related to the Israeli-Arab conflict." If the report is to be believed, these alleged "confidential documents" contradict almost every aspect of the Israeli-Arab conflict from 1999-2010. But anybody who has followed the Israeli-Arab conflict for even the slightest amount of time should be able to see the contradictions without any trouble at all, Yet, the major media, including many of those who are pro-Israel, has bought into the story without any investigations of their own. The world has become so gullible and is so willing to believe that PLO terrorists are the "good guys" and the Jews are the "bad guys" that they are willing to believe that every news story for the past decade has been wrong. "Never again?" Not hardly!Explaining How The "Palestine Papers" Story Is A Fabrication That Teaches Us The Truth
- Summary: A special regime between Israel and the Palestinian Authority was set out in a series of agreements (i.e., Oslo Accords) negotiated between 1993 and 1999 that are still valid — that govern all issues between them, settlements included. In this framework there is no specific provision restricting planning, zoning, and continued construction by either party. The Arabs cannot now invoke the Geneva Convention regime in order to bypass previous internationally acknowledged agreements.The Settlements Issue: Distorting the Geneva Convention and the Oslo Accords
- Summary: As Israelis and Arabs struggle with a twenty-first century peace process, the world must face the forgotten history that was so pivotal in determining the present crisis. In many ways, a turning point was the day Arabs massacred Jews because they dared to sit at the Western Wall while praying. This simple act of prayer was so unacceptable to Arabs that it helped launch a worldwide crisis of hate that provoked a global Islamic jihad, forged an Arab-Nazi alliance during the Holocaust, and still echoes today.Remembering the Jewish Massacres in Mandate Palestine
- Summary: Although the United States, through the use of the Central Intelligence Agency, has been training a terrorist army (which it prefers to call a "security force") whose stated goal is to protect the Arab people inside Palestinian Authority (PA/PLO)-occupied territories from outside terrorist groups (e.g., Hamas), it seems in actuality that it has produced a well-trained, well-equipped terrorist army which is reaping and sowing the very terrorism (beatings, torture, death) it was designed to put an end to. This should not come as a surprise to anyone, being that, one, it is seeded with known terrorists and, two, many Israeli-related news outlets, e.g., JINSA, Israel Resource Review, and ENS to name a few, have reported on this from its inception. And now it has come to fruition, and, it would seem, with the blessing of the CIA.What About Security for the Arabs ...from the Palestinian Authority — and the CIA?
- Summary: Although Muslims claim that Jerusalem is one of their holy cities, Islamic sources from the first 50 years or so after Muhammad's death make clear that Jerusalem had absolutely no holy status in Islam.Is Jerusalem Sacred for Muslims?
- Summary: The mainstream media is always quick to take any anti-Jewish stance on news stories, even before examining the evidence at hand. And though it is well-known throughout the Middle East that Arab children stage "photo-ops" for reporters — and many reporters even pay the children for the pictures — the media still reports the incidents as if they were real stories. It's important to expose these phony reports and reveal the truth.News Being Manufactured: A Graphic Example of How This is Done to Slander Israel
- Summary: Legalities aside, there were no Jewish settlements in Judea and Samaria prior to 1967, and for the first ten years of the so-called "occupation" there were very few Jewish settlers there. And still there was no peace with the Arabs. The notion that Jewish communities in Judea and Samaria pose an obstacle to peace is a ploy designed to blame Israel for lack of progress in the "peace process" and enable Arab leadership to continue to reject any form of compromise and reconciliation with Israel as a Jewish state.World Leaders Ignore International Law
- Summary: Israel is completely within its rights and is in full compliance with international law in regards to its blockade of Gaza. There are also numerous precedents of blockades which side with Israel's stance. Since Israel is not in control of Gaza, it is not the occupier, but in those areas in which Israel still has control — meaning sea and airspace — Israel is responsible, as in the case of the Gaza blockade.The Legal Basis of Israel's Naval Blockade of Gaza
- Summary: Arab leaders falsely point to UN Resolution 194 as proof that Arab refugees have a 'right to return'. First of all, the refugee situation is a small part of the Resolution. And secondly, Resolution 194 makes no distinction between Arab refugees and Jewish refugees.UN Resolution 194 & the Refugee Problem
- Summary: As the PA/PLO demands full restitution for those Arabs who left Israel when the surrounding Arab nations attacked in 1948, they, along with most of the world, forget that there were more Jewish 'refugees' from the Arab nations than there were Arab 'refugees' from Israel. But even former US President Bill Clinton saw the need to address the Jewish 'refugee' problem, along with the Arab one. And the Israeli Knesset recently passed a resolution stating that any peace agreement made with the PA/PLO must include compensation for Jewish refugees expelled from Arab countries after 1948.I Am a Refugee
- Summary: For a devout Muslim, Muhammad was the ideal Muslim. All Muslims should act as he acted. Therefore, the way in which Muhammad acted towards the Jews is how all Muslims should act towards them. Despite most people wanting to believe otherwise, this is true source of the Arab-Israeli conflict.The Root of the Arab-Israeli Conflict: The Classic Islamic View of Jews
- Summary: There is no 'occupation'. Forty-five years after the League of Nations Declaration in San Remo, Israel retrieved its rightful possession of the territories assigned to the Jewish people as a national home. How her possession of her own homeland can be called the "occupation of Palestinian territories" is beyond explanation. What is tragic is that the Jews themselves have adopted this usage and made it a cornerstone of their own national policy.Occupation? Whose Occupation?
- Summary: What will be the future of "Dayton's Army" under a commander with only CENTCOM experience in light of the recent report from CENTCOM recommending that Hizb'Allah and Hamas be designated as political parties?CENTCOM Plans for Dayton's Army?
- Summary: In what can only be termed an incredible development, senior intelligence officers at US Central Command (CENTCOM) are recommending that Hizb'Allah and Hamas be designated as political parties instead of terrorist organizations. The stance is at once provocative, controversial and at odds with current US policy.US Central Command Seeks to Legitimize Hamas and Hizb'Allah
- Summary: As the official "guardian" of the articles of the Fourth Geneva Convention, the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) consistently interprets them against Israel, no matter who is on the other side. In this case, by reclassifying terrorists as politicians, the ICRC knowingly shelters three wanted fugitives from the Israeli police and makes no apologies for it.Red Cross Unapologetic Over Offer of Jerusalem Sanctuary to Hamas Terror Fugitives
- Summary: The recent speech by US Assistant Secretary of State for Political-Military Affairs Andrew J. Shapiro made it clear that Obama Administration support for Israel's defense is a function of its determination to have Israel take actions that increase the risk to its people."Tough Decisions" Demanded of Israel
- Summary: It's time for Israel to change its strategy and begin to emulate the convictions and many of the policies of its greatest and most courageous political figures and leaders, from Theodor Herzl to Ze'ev Jabotinsky to David Ben-Gurion to Golda Meir to Menachem Begin. No more Mr. Nice Guy. For nice guys not only finish last, they tend not to survive long enough even to stay in the race.What Is Israel Doing Wrong?
- Summary: Let's say it like it is: Jewish blood doesn't make good headlines. Nobody gives a damn when young Israeli soldiers are attacked and all but killed by 'aid workers' and 'peace activists'. The only story that sells is when Jews fight — or to be accurate, fight back. Thus the world media is revelling in the latest clash between Israel and Hamas — and yes, it is between these two factions. Every single person present on that flotilla supported Hamas and its openly stated aim of destroying Israel.Jewish Blood: Who is Really Behind the Gaza Flotilla?
- Summary: Despite reports to the contrary, Israel maintains an ongoing humanitarian corridor for the transfer of perishable and staple food items to Gaza. This conduit is used by internationally recognized organizations including the United Nations and the Red Cross. Well over a million tons of humanitarian supplies entered Gaza from Israel over the last 18 months equaling nearly a ton of aid for every man, woman and child in Gaza.Behind the Headlines: The Israeli Humanitarian Lifeline to Gaza
- Summary: Although the media, world leaders, and humanitarian agencies would like the world to think otherwise, international law does not require Israel to supply Gaza with fuel or electricity or any other materials, goods, or services. Israel is only required to not interfere with consignments sent by others, which it does.Is Israel Bound by International Law to Supply Utilities, Goods, and Services to Gaza?
- Summary: Even before the British Mandate, it was the Jews who were known as the Palestinians, not the Arabs. It wasn't until 1964 that the Arabs claimed the name for a non-existent people. Unfortunately, the world chooses ignorance over facts, and so this non-existent people have suddenly became a people, complete with a non-existent history.The Palestinian Lie
- Summary: As far as most of the world goes, the legality of the communities in Judea and Samaria has been determined, in secret, by the International Committee of the Red Cross, an international relief organization. It is not a judicial body, yet, in the case of Israel, the majority of the world has chosen to accept its rulings as law. However, the legal status of "Palestine", designated as the "Jewish national homeland," was already established almost 100 years ago by the League of Nations, the San Remo agreements, and the British Mandate.Are Israeli Settlements in the West Bank Really Illegal?
- Summary: Contrary to what the media and world leaders proclaim, Hamas's targeting of civilians is not an Israeli fabrication. The terrorist organization used its own elaborate media networks to publicize and praise attacks on civilian targets in Israel throughout the 2008-2009 Gaza war, despite its recent attempts to prove otherwise. Hamas views attacks on civilians as legitimate, appropriate, effective, and even heroic. In fact, such strikes are fundamental to its operations.Resistance and Rockets: Hamas Targeting of Israeli Civilians
- Summary: A recent UN report on Afghanistan stands in stark contrast to the infamous Goldstone report issued by a United Nations' Human Rights Council. While the Goldstone report contained allegations of war crimes by the IDF, the UN report on Afghanistan did not blame the United States army or its allies for deaths of civilians who live near where the Taliban launched its attacks while using the civilian areas as a collective human shield.In Afghanistan UN blames Terrorists for Civilian Casualties - Unlike Standards Used For Israel
- Summary: Col. (ret.) Desmond Travers clearly emerges as an individual who is not qualified to take part in any serious fact-finding mission. Given his statements, UN Justice Richard Goldstone should repudiate Col. Travers and completely reject the conclusions that he reached as a result of his work.New Revelations About the UN Goldstone Report that Seriously Undermine its Credibility
- Summary: Even though critics may assail the Jewish settlements in Judea and Samaria on other grounds, no one can deny that they are legal. In fact, the 1922 Mandate for Palestine encourages them.Israeli Settlements Are More Than Legitimate
- Summary: In the Middle East, the Arabs have learned their lessons well when it comes to manipulation of the media and the Western world. In addition, they have successfully employed a number of psychological techniques to demoralize many Israelis. Why is the world so willing to believe the lies of Jew-hating terrorists, even when they have been proven time and again to be liars?How the Arabs Manipulate the Media, Israelis and the West
- Summary: Even though Israel may want to release convicted Arab terrorists in exchange for prisoners such as Gilad Shalit, in doing so, Israel may be in direct violation of long-standing international law. Each nation has an obligation to prosecute and punish terrorists, in order to protect the world as a whole. By seeking its own interests, Israel would be releasing convicted terrorists who may act against other nations, causing harm that would have been preventable had they been kept in prison.Trading Gilad Shalit for Arab Terrorists: An Illegal and Perilous Exchange
- Summary: The rhetoric by Arab leaders on behalf of the alleged 'Palestinian' people rings hollow. Arabs never established a Palestinian state in 1947 when the UN recommended to partition Palestine. Nor did the Arabs recognize or establish a Palestinian state during the two decades prior to the Six-Day War when Judea and Samaria were under Jordanian control and the Gaza Strip was under Egyptian control; nor did the Arabs cry out for autonomy or independence during those years under Jordanian and Egyptian rule. So much for facts and accuracy.The Goldstone Report - Using Terminology in Service of Deception
- Summary: How is it possible that two rabbis from Philadelphia were able to gain the support of 55 rabbis from the United States to join them in a fast to protest an action which Israel is not taking against the Arab population in Gaza? Why don't these rabbis support Israel instead, or even make aliyah? Rabbis Who Bear False Witness Against Israel
- Summary: The world declares that the Jewish settlements in Judea and Samaria are illegal and must be destroyed and the Jews relocated. They base their claim on either the Geneva Convention, UN General Assembly Resolution 181, UN Security Council Resolution 242, or any number of other documents. The facts, however, prove otherwise. The Jewishsettlements in Judea and Samaria are, in fact, quite legal, under the provisions set forth in the previously mentioned documents and others, including the Balfour Declaration and the League of Nations Mandate for Palestine. Are the Israel Settlements in Judea and Samaria Illegal?
- Summary: It's no secret that the mainstream media plays down Israeli casualties in the ongoing Arab-Israel war. And there are times when the losses suffered by Israel are low, and this can be attributed to one thing: the God of Israel. However, while exaggerating the number of Arab casualties, the media makes it seem as if Israel must be doing something immoral or illegal because it didn't suffer as many casualties as the Arabs. The truth is, Israel has suffered more than its share of casualties. What the BBC and The Guardian Never Tell You
- Summary: To truely determine the legal status of the area known as Yesha (Judea, Samaria and Gaza), it is important to understand the different types of UN resolutions. Once this is understood, it becomes clear there is no such thing as the Israeli-occupied territories. (If anything, they are actually Arab-occupied territories.) The Myth of 'Occupied' Territories
- Summary: The issue of Jerusalem is particularly sensitive and a topic of dispute in every negotiation. Distortions, half-truths, and outright lies are frequently voiced about the struggle for and Israel's right to Jerusalem. This runs counter to the reality that since the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948, and even prior to that, Israel's rights to sovereignty in Jerusalem were firmly anchored in history and international law. There are even many Israelis who are insufficiently aware of their rights according to international law. Below are 10 points that are important to know with regard to the struggle over Jerusalem. The Struggle for Jerusalem
- Summary: The audacity of Spain's move to indict Israeli military officers and political leaders for the "crime" of fighting terrorism and protecting Israeli civilians is beyond comprehension. Given its reign of terror over the years, Spain should be one of the last countries looking to indict Israel for such trumped-up charges. Spain's War Against Terror and Double Standards
- Summary: For some reason those people who are opposed to Zionism feel that a thousand-year old claim to the land of Israel by the Arabs is valid, while a 1,900-year claim by the Jews should be rejected as absurd. They say it is valid because the thousand-year-old Arab claim is more recent than the older Jewish claim. But if that is true, then surely the most legitimate of all is that of the Jews of Israel to the lands of Israel, because it is the most recent. Who Stole the Holy Land?
- Summary: Despite media reports to the contrary, it is evident that Arab terrorist leaders and their followers have knowingly and systematically used Muslim mosques in Israel to further terrorist activities through violence and incitement. Use of Mosques for Military Purposes by Arab Terrorist Organizations
- Summary: It is evident that Israel must take the initiative in foreign affairs. Contrary to the teachings of Israel's Command and Staff College, a large power like the US can afford to wait; a small power like Israel cannot. Let's Get Serious
- Summary: The global press has continually refused to acknowledge the close relationship between the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) and Arab terrorist groups, such as Hamas. This close relationship has allowed UN and donor nations' money to help aid in the financing of Arab terrorism against Israel. UN Partnership With Hamas - A Faustian Pact With the Devil
- Summary: Muslims have always declared that they have been tolerant towards Jews. However, history has proven otherwise. Islam has demonstrated systemic, juridical oppression, exploitation, and humiliation of Jews, ranking them at the bottom of the social barrel in the Islamic domain. The Myth of Arab Innocence
- Summary: To commemorate its annual International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian [sic] People, the United Nations displayed a film depicting Jews as Nazi-equivalents and a public exhibit mourning the sixty years of Israel's existence. In addition to the obvious hatred on the UN's part, it's pretty incredible when you consider that there has never been a people known as the "Palestinians". UN to Mourn 60 Years of Israel's Existence
- Summary: During the 1967 Six Day War, was the United States at war, too? And, if so, whose side was it on? It seems that the US sent the USS Liberty to spy on Israeli forces fighting in the Sinai while providing secret real-time battlefield intelligence to the Egyptian military. The US wanted to convince a skeptical Egypt that, despite their siding with the Soviets and their aggression against Israel, the US was really on their side, contrary to US public opinion. Israel was not supposed to discover this secret US betrayal, but they did and decided to only disable, but not to sink, the 'enemy' ship. America and the Six Day War
- Summary: It takes real chutzpah to attach the South African apartheid label to the democratic Jewish State of Israel. For the boot is truly on the other foot. Unlike the Judenrein Arab countries of the Middle East, the Jewish State neither believes in nor does it practice major nor minor racial apartheid. The way the Arabs use "Israeli apartheid" one might think they were protesting because Israel does not permit Arabs in their midst. Of course the very contrary is true. Some 20 percent of Israeli citizens are Arab -- it is the Arabs who do not allow Jews in their midst. An Apartheid State or the Greatest Lie Ever Told?
- The Mughrabi Ramp - The Real Story
- The Myth of Al Aqsa Mosque
- An Unreliable Alliance
- U.S. Presidents Overlooked Arafat's Killing of Ambassador
- The American Sanitizing of a Terrorist Group
- Why Israel is Losing the War -- and How They Can Win!
- Who Profits From the Myth of Israeli Democracy?
- The End of an Era
- Why is Israel Suspicious of the United Nations?
- Did Condi Go on a Rampage?
- Tongues Of Deceit
- It's Global Warning, Not Global Warming!
- Gaza and Katrina: A Terrible Connection
- How Odd - or Merely Coincidental
- Declaration of War
- A Salute to the True Leaders
- Thank G-d for Ariel Sharon
- Beyond Politics
- In Many Ways, Israel Is the Giver and the U.S. Is the Receiver
- Apocalypse Now
- The Greatest Lie Ever Told About Jerusalem
- What connects AIPAC, money for the PLO, Iran, Nukes, and Israel?
- The Slogan 'Let the People Decide' Is a Return to the Sin of the Spies
- Don't Be a "Wall Nut"
- The Sanhedrin's Declaration Concerning the Disengagement
- A Question of Obedience
- Stolen Churches, Stolen Jews
- Terms of Peace
- Boycott Israel? Do It Properly
- Temple Mount Faithful Hanukkah March - 5765
- A Double-Cross
- De Tocqueville Versus Lewis and Pipes
- Letter from Dr. David Matar to IDF
- The Real 'Root Cause' of Global Terror
- How Strong Is the Arab Claim to Palestine?
- Explaining the Arab-Israeli Conflict Through Numbers
- Sharon Threatens Gaza Pioneer Settlers With Civil War
- One Small Step - Is the U.N. Finally Ready to Get Serious About Anti-Semitism?
- A Double Standard on Gaza
- A 56-Year UN Outrage
- The History and Meaning of "Palestine" and "Palestinians" | PDF Format
- Summary: The Muslim claim that the Al Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem is the "furthest mosque" mentioned in the Koran is completely false; the Al Aqsa Mosque was not built until 80 years after Mohammed's death. The Muslim Claim to Jerusalem is False
The State of Israel is in God's hand and the fact that its leaders and governments are the worst of the scoffers and deniers and corrupters of Judaism has no relevance vis-à-vis the meaning of the State in the prophetic vision of the era of the redemption. The incredible rise of the State of Israel and all the miraculous events that surround it are indeed facts that cannot negated by any man's words or deeds.
According to a recent report, anti-Semitism is on the rise in Europe, especially in France, Greece, Hungary, and Ukraine, as well as in the US, Canada, and Australia. This rise in anti-Semitism in Europe was attributed to several factors, including the economic crisis, a rise in the radical Right's political power, and a backlash against Israel's November Gaza offensive.
The question of peace in the Middle East is a question of the Arabs and the world acknowledging the total sovereignty of the Almighty. There can be no compromise on this. It is only a peace that comes with Arabs submitting to the yoke of the heavenly kingdom that will be a permanent one. There can be no retreat from land because that is in essence a retreat also from the Kingship of the L‑rd.
Irena Sendler was a Polish Gentile who rescued more than 2,500 Jewish children from the Warsaw ghetto. The Life in a Jar project celebrates her accomplishments in defeating Hitler's intended murder of these children.
Despite what Yasir Arafat said, and what Mahmoud Abbas and other members of the Palestinian National Council continue to allege, the PLO Charter still remains, to this day, unchanged. They believe they have fooled the world; however it only takes a bit of research to find out they haven't.
The mainstream media, politicians, and others, prefer to use the term "militant" instead of "terrorist," especially in the case of the Israeli-Arab conflict. Doing so fulfills many different agendas, in addition to furthering the user's cause. Whatever the case may be, the usage generally distorts the story and causes confusion for the reader, which many times is its exact intention. As with much post-1970s journalism, the longer news media use such language, the less they sound like journalists and the more they are heard as political partisans.
Critics and enemies of Israel, including members of the UN and organs such as the International Court of Justice (ICJ) have come to use the Geneva Convention as a weapon against Israel, even when statements by authoritative analysts, scholars and drafters of the document contradict everything said by those who distort history for politically motivated reasons.
After keeping a low profile for a few years, the Aqsa Martyrs Brigades — part of PA/PLO leader Mahmoud Abbas's Fatah terrorist group, has resurfaced on the streets in Judea and Samaria. It's time for the US and EU, who fund and train the PA/PLO "security forces", to demand that Abbas rein in his Fatah-paid terrorists. (Aqsa Martyrs Brigades is also on the US list of Foreign Terrorist Organizations.)
It appears that the answer to how Israel should react to the General Assembly resolution to recognize a Palestinian state is to focus on the international arena rather than on practical steps on the ground.
Ten spies were arrested around the same time as Jonathan Pollard or years later. They sold sensitive secrets, passed technology, and did not hesitate to expose other US agents. Dozens of spies have been caught operating on US soil. They received substantial sentences which were followed by reductions and early release. They are all free today. Only Jonathan Pollard remains in prison.
Under the auspices of Egypt, delegations from the Fatah and Hamas terrorist groups met in Cairo on April 27, 2011 to discuss the issues concerning ending the political division and the achievement of national unity. Both political parties mutually agreed that the basis of understanding made during the meeting are committing to both parties in the implementation of the Palestinian National Reconciliation Agreement. This is the basis of understanding agreed upon by Fatah and Hamas.
The Foundation for Defense of Democracies (FDD) has released the first-ever study mining the Arabic-language "Palestinian" social media environment to determine Arab public sentiment and its potential impact on US foreign policy. At FDD's direction, the Washington, D.C.-based Web analysis company Constrat viewed approximately 10,000 Arab social media entries between May 3 and August 3, 2010, of which it analyzed approximately 20 percent for relevancy. In the end, the company analyzed 1,788 statements contained within 1,114 unique posts across 996 threads written by 699 authors.
When an armed force holds territory beyond its own national borders, the term "occupation" is usually used to describe its holding on the land. However, not all the factual situations that we commonly think of as "occupation" fall within the limited scope of the term "occupation" as defined in international law.
Palestine has never existed . . . as an autonomous entity. There is no language known as Palestinian. There is no distinct Palestinian culture. There has never been a land known as Palestine governed by Palestinians. Palestinians are Arabs. PDF Format